Sunday, April 13, 2008

How will global warming impact Microsoft?

"Windows is collapsing" Gartner analysts say. Ok, not because of global warming, but because it does not fit in the new, smaller, greener, more portable world we are all about to live in. Now, I have several laptops, a smartphone, and been around people with lots of "mini" computers. And now I've watched younger folks (4+) use computers. Will we all stop using desktops, and local memory, and go to smaller computers & web apps?

I am not convinced. I still go to too many places where net connectivity is not stellar, or is too expensive. And the citywide wireless networks . . .although greatly touted. . . do not seem to be happening as quickly as promised. (A few months ago Wired magazine had an update on these initiatives, but I could not locate it in a quick search.) So, bring on the web apps -- I hate Vista just as much as the next person. But make sure there is 100% connectivity -- even in the "un-creative" class places -- before you do. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home